Organizer: Cardiff University
Level: BS/MS/PhD Degree
Deadline: 15 July 2012
Study in: UK
Course starts: September 2012
The Cardiff University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught (Masters) and Postgraduate Research (PhD) International Scholarships to international students from all over the world.
Cardiff University, United Kingdom
Field(s) of study:
Applications are welcomed from all international students applying for any undergraduate, masters and PhD courses offered at Cardiff University.
Number of Scholarships:
Undergraduate Scholarships: 4 each year
Postgraduate Taught Scholarships (Masters): 4 each year
Postgraduate Research Scholarships (PhD): 3 each year
The scholarships are open to international students from all countries.
Scholarship-holders will receive a fee waiver to the value of full international tuition fees (to a maximum of £15,000 per year) for the first year of their undergraduate degree at Cardiff University.
Postgraduate Taught Scholarships (Masters)
Scholarship holders will receive a fee waiver to the value of full international tuition fees (to a maximum of £15,000) for the entire duration of a one year postgraduate taught programme at Cardiff University (or for one year of a programme that is longer than one year). They will also receive a maintenance stipend of £10,000 for one year (to be received upon arrival at Cardiff University).
Postgraduate Research Scholarships (PhD)
The scholarship value is the difference between home (UK/EU) tuition fees and international tuition fees of their postgraduate research programme at Cardiff University.
- You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).
- Applicants for a Postgraduate Taught or Postgraduate Research scholarship: You must have accepted an unconditional offer of a place to study at Cardiff University for the 2012/13 academic year by Midnight (UK time) Sunday, 15 July 2012.
- Applicants for an Undergraduate scholarship: You must have either a conditional or unconditional offer and must have accepted Cardiff University as your Firm choice on the UCAS system, for study during the 2012/13 academic year, by Midnight (UK time) Sunday, 15 July 2012.
- Students with offers to study a Distance Learning course are not eligible to apply.
- You must complete the application form and personal statement as directed. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- You must return the application form by the deadline: Midnight (UK time) Sunday, 15th July 2012. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
- Scholarships are to be used for academic year 2012/3 only and cannot be used for 2013/14 entry. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re-apply again in the following year. These scholarships are only available to self-funded students. Students who are in receipt of full funding from a sponsorship body (such as their home country’s government or a private organisation) are not eligible to apply.
Only admitted students are eligible for the scholarships. Do not apply if you haven’t been accepted to a course at Cardiff University. Deadline for scholarship applications is 15 July 2012.
It is important to read the application guidance notes and visit the official website (links found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website:
Application Guidance Notes and FAQs: